Sunday, April 13, 2008

Catchup post 11: Anime expo, Sunday April, 5

On Sunday April 5 I went to the Tokyo International Anime Fair at Tokyo Big Sight Convention Center. It was an interesting event, and nothing like an Anime convention as I know of them. I haven't been to a convention either in the United States or in Japan, so I'm not sure exactly what it's like, but I know at conventions there are people who dress up as an anime character for fun, or for a contest. And there are other events as well I am sure.

The inside of the convention was fairly crowded by Tokyo standards, which means that it was very crowded  by any other standard I know.

It's Domo-kun! I'm not sure what Domo-kun is from, but I know he's from something and he's cool, and I knew him from before this convention, so I'm allowed to take pictures!

Professional cosplayers. I think they're from some anime called Soul Eater. Never heard of it.

The first time I read this I thought it was supposed to be "Canada-Japan Content Forum" in the such a way as in mild feelings of happiness, not content as in material.

There can only be one.......

Highlander!! The anime. I don't think I'd watch it.

More pretty girls paid to be pretty in costume. Again, no idea what anime they're from.

More professional cosplay!

Bleach is a common and popular anime, and here it is as a live action DVD rock musical. 

Princess Mononoke from the anime by the same name.

Piplup, one of the starter Pokemon from the Diamond and Pearl games.

Two foreigners playin' Dragon Ball Z.

Aren't they cute?

I wonder what the Spongebob Squarepants song is in Japanese.

I really have no idea what this purple creature is supposed to be.

Card games! It reminds me of All American Cards and Comics in Boardman, Ohio.

Hiroshima Nights looks exactly like Pirates of the Caribbean except on a battleship and animated.
Me and the maid girl.

A giant floating Pikachu! Pika!

No comments: