Sunday, January 6, 2008

Going to Go! Pre departure posting 2

I'm leaving for Japan in two days. My flight is at 9:45 a.m. from Pittsburgh International airport. Packing has been an adventure. Previously I haven't been able to fit a whole semester's worth of stuff into one car, yet alone just one suit case, a little bag, and a backpack. So far it's working out, except I don't have any extra space for everything I know I'm going to buy..... that means I have to send stuff home, and with shipping prices the way they are ($60+)...... that seems an expensive option. Well, I don't want to lug around extra suitcase just so I have room for what I'm taking back with me, so it looks like I'm going to make just enough room instead of an extra suitcase.

It's a little surreal right now. I never really believed that this would happen, I never really thought that all of my work would really make me go to Japan. I guess this is all a learning exercise in my own influence on my life. 

See you on the other side of the Pacific!




No comments: